Account Executive, Grocery Retail Partnerships
If you think strategically and have the ability to come up with out of the box ideas, then you will be a great fit as an Account Executive, Grocery Retail Partnerships at Ibotta. Our Account Executives lead a part of our sales efforts with the world's top retail companies. To be successful in this role you will have adept skills in running and managing the entirety of the sales process, from opportunity identification and development inside existing relationships, to leading in-person discussions and presentations with C-Level executives. No two deals are the same here at Ibotta and we need people who can come up with proposals beyond just a cookie cutter sales sheet.
- Developing and growing business, by using creativity in addition to the various data resources at our disposal
- Presenting Ibotta’s capabilities, via phone (screen-share) and in-person meetings
- Move relationships from passive to active by leveraging existing app/rebate activity with a retailer or similarly situated peer
- Leverage market activity and available data to create urgency and action inside partner relationships
- Refine and communicate the core value proposition available to grocery retailers of establishing direct relationships with Ibotta that enable these grocers to benefit from Ibotta’s leadership position as the largest 3rd party platform to deliver incremental trips and spend
- Identify and build relationships with key prospects such as CMOs, Head of CRM/Loyalty, and digital/mobile executives through cold calling, networking, and referrals
- Utilizes the entire sales ecosystem effectively (marketing, sales development)
- Meeting individual goals
- Working cross functionally
- Selling to different lines of business as well as different levels within the business
- Achieve integration of the Ibotta solution and drive activity with a targeted list of retailers
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 3-5+ years of practical sales experience
- Experience selling digital, mobile, or media advertising solutions, ideally to large US grocers
- Experience in growing and expanding existing relationships is a big plus.
- Experience working with, digital or mobile media is a plus
- Experience in Retail is also a plus
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must (Candidates must do a mock pitch for Sales Directors and Senior Management as part of the hiring process)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to check ego at the door
- Prior experience working in a high paced evolving environment
- Ability to work within a hybrid sales role (Everyone, up to the leader of our sales department, spends a portion of the day hunting for lead)
Headquartered in Denver, Ibotta is transforming the consumer shopping experience by making it easy for shoppers to earn cash back on their everyday purchases, like groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home, office supplies and more. We’re one of the most frequently used apps in the U.S., and we’re continuously striving to improve our user experience, enhancing the app’s the unique interactive platform that empowers users to shop smarter and provides brands with unmatched access to an engaged and loyal millennial audience. Since launching in 2012, Ibotta has more than 16 million downloads and has put more than $100 million back into users’ pockets. For more information, please visit www.ibotta.com/careers.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Meet Some of Ibotta's Employees
Director of Account Management
As the Director of Account Management, Amy’s team is in charge of maintaining clients, keeping them happy, and orchestrating successful launch campaigns for them all.
Back to top