zWAS System Programmer
Within the IBM Client Innovation Centre our professionals offer high level engineering service and ensure the operation of business-critical IT systems of different clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
General job role information:
This role is responsible for controlling or monitoring complex computer systems, networks, applications and/or mainframe systems in a multi-vendor environment. Also responsible for ensuring proper operations of systems and subsystems and supporting Helpdesk or higher-level teams to solve arising issues. You will work with other IBM products as zOS and WAS
Roles and responsibilities:
• Analyze and resolve WAS related issues and problems.
• Deploy applications.
• Work with other infrastructure, application, engineering, database administration and operation teams on projects and day-to-day problems.
• Assist with creation, development, and enforcement of WAS on zOS operational standards.
• Support z/OS UNIX System Services (USS) and WebSphere environments.
• Provide off hours support for Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
• Implement and maintain security and control policies, procedures and standards.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of installed Hardware and Software products.
• Provide customer support by addressing trouble tickets providing levels 1, 2 and 3 support.
• Team member within the WebSphere Application Server (WAS) operations support team to include installation, configuration and maintenance of the Websphere environment on the zServer/z/OS platform.
• The advanced support issues to insure high availability; coordination and communication; and consulting compliance with all policies, principles and directives.
Due to the nature of the services supported this role may need to carry out tasks out of the normal office times, which are ensured by stand by callout support and/or overtimes.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Health/insurance related benefits (AYCM sports card, private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
- Commuting and relocation support
- Special discounts with IBM card
- New employee referral bonus
- International environment, development and career opportunities
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
2+ years experience within zOS and zWAS
Understand the concepts of problem and change management
Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• 2+ Years demonstrated experience with evaluation and integration of new technologies within a WAS support environment on the mainframe.
• 2+ years experience with WebSphere Application Server (WAS) on various platforms.
• 2+ years experience within a WebSphere Application Server (WAS) technical support team providing system programming, installation, configuration, maintenance and general production support.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top