Z & LinuxONE Specialist Partner & Eco System Representative
About IBM: IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies. Our Culture IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and Love proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed and Passionate to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Business Unit Introduction: IBM's Systems Group is often referred to as the "hardware" division of IBM since IBM's hardware products originate from this group. Systems product portfolio covers a vast range of hardware and related software solutions covering RISC based servers, mainframes, storage and networking.
Similarly, in the Storage space covers all ranges of solutions including enterprise class systems and leading-edge solutions such as Flash. Systems also has software and services products as well and these are generally closely related to the Hardware products.
The IBM Systems team is the driving effort behind the company's IT infrastructure portfolio, which includes our legendary IBM Z and LinuxONE systems for fully-encrypted, large-scale transaction processing, including blockchain.
Discover what you can do at IBM.
Startups are exciting. That's why we've never stopped being one. For over a century, IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand - the one that invented the personal computer, the disk drive, the mainframe, and helped put a man on the moon-then come craft with us. Who you are: Job Description
We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM Z and LinuxONE portfolio to both maintain and grow existing revenue streams and relationships and to develop new clients, partnerships and eco systems of all sizes.
Strong networking skills will be crucial as you will work not only with our external partners but also with different parts of IBM throughout the lifecycle of a deal.
This will include the IBM client teams in the identification and qualification of opportunities, through to leading bid teams made up of legal, technical, commercial and risk personnel as you work through to closure.
For some opportunities where it is a multi-brand deal you will be required to work closely with the sales leads for those brands, in some cases leading the deal for IBM and in others supporting where we are dependent on another part of IBM for success. What you'll do: The Specialist Partner & Eco System Representative (SPR) is responsible for business development of IBM Z & LinuxONE solutions with one or multiple IBM Business Partners. Enablement, education, and deployment of Plays, Programs and Incentives are tools that the SPR uses to assist the Business Partner in addressing client's business needs and deliver client value.
- Develop a team selling approach and act as a liaison between Partners, Clients, IBM Technical Sales and the client service organization.
- Overall Systems Hardware brand contact to assigned partners
- Drive key brand programs, plays, specialty programs, launch activities with partners
- Identify enablement gaps and create action plans to address
- Understand partner performance trends/gaps and developing action plans with BP
- Communicate incentive programs and promos and channel marketing programs.
- Educate partners on deal registration, pricing and certification processes
- Work with partners on configuration, pricing, backlog, and supply issues
- Attract and activate ecosystem partners (SIs, ISVs, MSPs, etc) in strategic brand areas
- Ensure overall partner satisfaction with Systems Hardware
You'll also be responsible to acquire critical resources needed to develop the best solution for the client, while applying IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods, and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery of the world's most innovative IT and business solutions. How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You'll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in domestic Sales of IBM hardware / mainframe solutions to ISA market
- Extraordinary relationship management with influencing parties
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in Sales or related roles (Account Manager, Sales Specialist, Business Development Manager, Vendor Manager, Channel Partner/Manager)
- Experience in solving complex problems for enterprise organizations
- Excellence in oral and written communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Previous experience in a large scale organization advantageous
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to handle change and be open to it good time management and an ability to work under stress
- Validated social skills while chipping in to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Of misleading advertisements and fraudsters issuing 'Offer Letters', on behalf of IBM in exchange for a fee. We recommend you to Stay Alert. Read more here http://ibm.co/2fwBkyK. To avoid any instance of fraud, when receiving communication from IBM, look for this authentic IBM e-mail format: XYZ@in.ibm.com.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top