Worldwide Channel Marketing Distributor Programs - Systems
IBM is looking for a talented and proactive individual to join its worldwide Systems Channel Marketing team. This role will create, develop and announce effective Business Partner (Distributor)-aligned marketing strategies and plans for the IBM Systems Business Unit.
Candidates will work with a wide range of stakeholders to understand the requirements for demand generation programs to be executed by Distributors. With deep knowledge of the Distributor landscape and business model, and on the input received, Candidates will have to create demand generation programs, including budget and funding requirements.This role will work with the local teams in the geographies (Geo's) and train them on the programs and what they must do to help their local Distributors to execute & also influence Distributors to collaborate and market with IBM, build their skills on IBM Systems offerings, generate incremental pipeline, and accelerate revenue growth. This role provides platform to develop strong marketing interlocks with Geo channel marketing teams and internal stakeholders.
Candidates will have to establish the metrics and management system to be used to ensure that expected results flow from the programs, as well as identify problem areas and also work with the execution teams in the Geo's to develop corrective plans. The main focus will be on co-marketing programs and demand generation and recruitment campaigns for third party marketplaces (3PM).
Responsibilities also include,
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with IBM's Systems Marketing teams
- Ensure BP audiences and Distributor markets are correctly targeted
- Ensure capacity by analysis with sales
- Meet target and align to priorities
- Drive Business Partner marketing leads through co-marketing
- Develop and deliver marketing guidance, campaigns and activities
- Guide Geo planning and execution
- Support Distributor participation in launches/events, presentations, etc.
- Help to attract new Business Partners and new business models
- Support recruitment
- Activate Distributors to drive demand
- Devise and implement BP 'Market To' campaigns through Distributors
- Build competency and learning, in concert with Channel resources
- Drive communications, announcements and marketing experience on PartnerWorld, work closely with Channel Sales team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years IT channel experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to completion within established deadlines
- Experience in creating and executing marketing campaigns
- Excellent written & verbal communications; strong executive communications and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter, problem solver, highly responsible, deadline-oriented, and independent
- Expert in digital marketing concepts, best practices, tools
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5+ years IT marketing experience
- Working experience with IT Distributors
- Knowledge of IBM
- Understanding of the various BP business models, value propositions and how they make money
- Knowledge of competitors' strategies and programs
- Requirements for BP-ready campaigns and assets
- Pipeline & marketing metrics, program KPIs
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top