Workplace Mental Health Leader
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? As the strategic owner for our overall IBM Canada Workplace Mental Health Program, you will create and lead an integrated program with multiple workstreams and an extended volunteer team. You'll drive proactive engagement with IBM Canada employees, HR and Corporate policy and program owners - Corporate Health & Safety, Benefits, Senior Location Executive, Diversity & Inclusion, Finance, Learning, Compensation, Rewards & Recognition, and more. You influence and inspire responsive engagement with the IBM Canada president and Executive leadership team.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Canada is seeking a Workplace Mental Health (WMH) Leader to join its leadership team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about mental health and possess strong program development, project management, communications and presentation skills. A social work background is preferred, Psychology background or experience an asset.
This person should be able to identify and drive issues to closure. This individual must be a consensus builder, a team player and create standards, guides, workstreams and other relevant initiatives to build awareness and understanding and combat the stigma around mental health.
As the WMH Leader, you will bring a balanced approach to managing external engagement opportunities while at the same time fostering a strong and stable internal WMH program. You will inspire, motivate and mentor others within the organization, maintaining and continuing to build on our culture of wellbeing and support for IBM Canada employees.
Essential Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide Leadership in designing a short- and long-term plan around mental health and wellbeing for IBM Canada employees with input of the IBM Canada Workplace Mental Health Committee and key stakeholders.
- Strong project management execution of strategic plans and associated workstreams, enlisting and directing the help of the Committee. Strategic plans must be data-driven and include objectives, budgets, resources, timelines, and outcomes;
- Define and implement key measurements, metrics and reporting to evaluate and communicate program execution and success of strategic plans, regularly communicating progress to employees and the executive leadership team;
- Ability to recruit, motivate and retain volunteer employees as required across the business;
- Act as lead on the development and publication of the internal IBM Canada Workplace Mental Health Bulletin;
- Stay current with world mental health advancements by conducting research or reading publications.
Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 5+ years of progressive program design, development and leadership experience;
- 3+ years of recent experience in enterprise communications including web content development;
- Excellent MS Office skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- 2+ years experience in public speaking with the ability to compile and present to both internal and external audiences with experience in the field of mental health.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- The ideal candidate is someone with expertise in the field of mental health and wellbeing, who has worked in a mental health organization or led a mental health program, and experience working in a large global enterprise.
- Social Work background or Psychology background a preferred
- Candidate must have 5-7 years Program and/or Project Management experience - both in development and execution; PMP designation preferred;
- Experience defining clear and measurable program and project objectives;
- 3-5 years Communications experience with the ability to envision, create and manage relevant, engaging and effective employee campaigns, messaging, communications, and website content;
- Strong and active listener with the ability to create safe spaces where employees are willing to share their stories;
- Very comfortable with social media engagement e.g. Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top