Workday Managing Architect - Post Production Services
Come join IBM to lead our clients through their transformational journeys. At IBM, we are dedicated to the success of our clients and passionate about the work we do every day. We take talent seriously and know that our team is our business - they are the heart of our strategy and success. As a team, we're committed to creating innovative solutions and services that drive client success. Together we empower our clients, one Workday implementation at a time.
We are currently seeking a Managing Architect in our Post Production Services (PPS) organization for our growing Workday practice. Our PPS organization helps clients maximize value from their Workday investment by providing the deep domain expertise necessary to stabilize, enhance, and expand their Workday footprint. As a critical role for client and IBM success, the Managing Architect is needed to provide implementation, business process, and Workday product expertise to their engagements. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Engage in the sales process to gather information about a project including background and broader context of the HCM, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence, Talent, Financials, Integrations, and Data Conversion effort required to implement the Workday Solution
- Anticipate customer needs and identify appropriate solutions leveraging best practice experience
- Translate customer business requirements into solutions and assist in the creation of the delivery roadmap, estimates, and project timelines
- Partner with sales and delivery teams to develop RFP response, build budgetary proposal, and craft presentations to identify additional revenue opportunities
- Proactively identify new service opportunities through direct client interaction
- Help define scope of the project via a broader solution/visioning conversations
Deployments - Post Production
- Manage the implementation and overall support of the Workday solution for the client
- Ensure project and support teams are properly planned and staffed, and that project execution is according to plan.
- Develop expertise in IBM's Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements.
- Manage the change order process when the client is asking resources to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Nurture the client relationship and ensure customer satisfaction, positioning them as a referenceable client.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly develop expertise with the Workday product suite and new product enhancements
- Provide guidance and mentoring to consultants working on client post production support and implementations.
- Build trusting and collaborative business relationships with clients at all levels
- Ensure positive project execution while aiding Engagement Managers with removing barriers and maintaining focus
- Look for opportunities to provide exceptional client experience
- Identify continuous quality improvement initiatives through process, templates, and best practices
- You have a thorough understanding of the Workday product suite and core cross-functional features like security and the business process framework
- You have successfully completed and delivered a full life-cycle implementation (Plan through Deploy) of Workday as a lead in two or more product areas.
- You have developed relationships and established yourself as a trusted advisor to your team and clients
- You can identify and analyze areas of risk and develop plans to minimize
- You have the ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- You think strategically about business and technical challenges
- You effectively communicate with different functional stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) at all levels of an organization. Ability to present at the C-level
- You can successfully lead and facilitate fit/gap and solution discussions with senior executives
- You have the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, despite conflicting demands
- You have effective interpersonal skills and can successfully build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment
- You have proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- You have a strong desire to work in an information systems environment
- You have excellent leadership and management skills
In this dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients. As such, travel to client sites may be required up to 2 days per week (25%). Preferred candidates will live within a 50 mile radius of a major airport.
Working for IBM you can expect a learning culture where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded and innovation is valued and respected. We empower our team members to build successful and rewarding careers. Starting at the interview process and continuing throughout your career, you always have access to our leadership team - as mentors, team members and often working side by side on projects. We want you to have more than just a job...IBM has your long term career goals in mind.
IBM Workday Consulting Services is a leader in workplace transformation. Join us. You won't just be a part of the future; you'll help lead it. Learn more about our Workday practice at: http://www.ibm.com/workday
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all Recruitment Agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems with in-depth knowledge and experience in Human Capital Management (HCM) / Human Resources systems / HCM business processes
- At least 2 years of experience designing, configuring and implementing the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) product
- At least 1 year of experience leading a consulting and client team through a Workday implementation and deployment of the respective HCM functional area
- Certified in Workday HCM
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in consulting, preferably with a large systems integrator
- At least 3 years of program/project management experience
- Certified in one or more of the following Workday products: Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Talent, Financials, Time, and/or Absence
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top