Workday Java Consultant - Post Production Services, San Francisco
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment
you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined.
For over seven years IBM has been partnering with Workday to bring innovation, analytics-driven insights, and high-touch customer service to our clients. Together, we are helping clients build smarter HR and financial management capabilities, and enabling them to fully realize the benefits of their Workday solutions.
IBM is currently seeking a Java Developer who is certified in Workday Integrations for a role based in the South Bay Area.
- Respond to on demand tickets for items that need to be corrected or new builds.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding complex Java based integrations
In this dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients. Travel to client sites is limited in this role but may be required in some cases and could be up to 4 days a week. Preferred candidates will live within a 50 mile radius of a major airport.
To learn more about IBM's Workday service offerings visit: http://www.ibm.com/workday
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong Java background (7+ years) with focus on middleware/back-end technologies and up to date with latest
- Java 3-4 years of recent experience building/maintaining/supporting integrations in Java with good understanding of data flow between various internal and external systems.
- 1-2 years of SQL writing experience
- Strong ability to understand existing Java code to troubleshoot issues/narrow down trouble spots/understand integration logic and provide root cause analysis in case of issues with existing integrations.
- Must live in commutable distance to the San Francisco South Bay Area in California
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Workday HCM - Basic Integration Certification
- Ability to understand custom report definitions/EIBs, report filters, and prompts
- Ability to suspend/activate scheduled integration jobs as requested by business.
- Ability to review failed integration events based on alert notifications/review error log file, find relevant errors and perform basic root cause analysis.
- Understand basic Workday to be able to answer questions around Worker history events/troubleshooting data sync issues to downstream system by evaluating data files extracts(EIBs)
- PICOF experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top