Workday HCM Consultant
IBM Global Business Services - Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages.
The specialized Workday Human Capital Management Consultant works with project teams and client stakeholders to implement cloud computing solutions using Workday human capital management products. You must also have management experience in a range of projects, preferably in Cloud-based technologies, combined with practical experience in the configuration of principal human resources processes. Your experience includes, among others, leading workshops, generating product and service deliverables, configuring applications, performing complete tests for successful production deployment and providing advice on best practices for commercial processes. Practical experience in report development is a further asset. This role calls for an acquaintance and familiarity in multi-dimensional sectors and expertise in cloud computing services and tools. The key to success is the ability to work with teams whose members are dispersed worldwide and the know-how to deal with different time zones and cultures.
Principal responsibilities of the Workday Consultant:
- Acts as Workday expert and gives advice on best practices regarding commercial processes for human resources.
- Works directly in configuring Workday HCM modules.
- Demonstrates experience and expertise in designing and executing tests and implementation and in internal communications and senior management as well as the ability to work autonomously.
- Creates and follows a work plan and delivers it as per roadmap and Workday methodology.
- Manages groups in respect to the re-engineering of commercial processes, best practices and customization issues.
- Makes suggestions and shares knowledge with others towards optimizing the Workday implementation methodology.
- Provides business support services and leads exploration workshops.
- Leads workshops on commercial processes and contract execution as well as requirement gathering sessions and assists clients in defining pertinent processes.
- Analyzes commercial requirements and develops effective configuration solutions.
- Guides and documents commercial processes and relevant requirements and obtains acceptance to ensure the client aligns with the proposed solution.
- Provides information to the designated project manager to ensure detailed planning of the project and acceptance from other key stakeholders of the client.
- Supports implementation of the technical and functional part of the work.
- Assumes responsibility to successfully perform tests for the solution developed, including the user acceptance test with users to validate the solution.
- Documents and follows-up product improvement requests made by the client and the report of anomalies .
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's Degree At least 1 year experience in leading a consulting team through an implementation and deployment At least 1 year experience in project management methodology
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
At least 2 years' experience in Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) projects (or 2 end to end Workday solution deployments) At least 4 years' experience in project management methodology At least 2 years' experience in similar IT/ERP implementation Certified in Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) Certified in Workday Engagement Management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top