Workday Engagement Manager (Higher Education)
IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment - you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined.
For over seven years IBM has been partnering with Workday to bring innovation, analytics-driven insights, and high-touch customer service to our clients. Together, we are helping clients build smarter HR and financial management capabilities, and enabling them to fully realize the benefits of their Workday solutions.
IBM is looking for Workday Engagement Managers with implementation experience for Higher Education clients. The Engagement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution on client deployments through several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.). The Engagement Manager will work with the Client's project team to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success, manage the budget and deliver a profitable project. The Engagement Manager is needed to provide implementation, business process, and HCM product expertise to their engagements.
Being a part of our ASEAN Workday Practice, you will deliver innovative business consulting ranging from business process design to application modelling and systems integration. You will leverage your Workday expertise and your leadership capabilities to ensure successful sales, project delivery and client success. We will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented professionals. We also work closely with our Global Workday Practice for continued knowledge sharing.
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed
- Develop expertise in the Company's Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
- Manage the change order process when the client is asking resources to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference once the client is in production
- Demonstrate ability to quickly develop expertise with new product enhancements
- Work with the Delivery Assurance group to ensure compliance with agreed to project checkpoints
- Provide guidance and mentoring to consultants working on client implementations
Responsibilities for candidates with relevant team leadership experience may also include:
- Creating and managing the plan for a specific project workstream e.g. design;
- Managing the end to end project lifecycle to deliver projects on time and to budget;
- Working with client stakeholders to manage client expectations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certified Workday Engagement Manager
- Latest Certification in Workday Core HCM and one other module.
- Hands on experience of Workday and HR transformation, including HR process design, HR technology solutions and configuration in Workday
- At least three full cycle (end-to-end) Workday HCM deployments
- At least 3 years experience with Workday HCM implementations
- At least 5 years experience in business processes including analysis and requirements gathering
- Good understanding of HR and industry specific business processes
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Fluent in English
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Open to work in an international environment
- Willingness to travel (ASEAN)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top