Windows System Engineer
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are
running at their best. As a System Engineer you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production we are seeking skilled system
management professions ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Within the IBM Client Innovation Centre our professionals offer high level engineering consultation service and ensure the operation of business critical IT systems of different customers.
Now you have the chance to join our Windows System Engineering team and operate state-of-the-art systems involving the entire Microsoft product range. If you have solid understanding of Microsoft Server products and/or related work experience and up to a new challenge, apply now!
- Resolve server AD, OS and other enterprise Microsoft product related errors (no enduser-workstation support is in scope nor MsOffice support)
- Actively take part in the solution of user-administration and authorization related issues, designing, building and maintaining backend server systems
- Identifying and resolving technical problems (3rd and last level support), supporting other levels
What we offer
- Attractive compensation package with competitive base salary and benefits
- High-quality trainings and opportunities to acquire official professional certificates
- Long-term career development opportunities within IBM, including over 170 countries
- Nice work environment in Budapest, Infopark
- Employment for an indefinite period within a company with a powerful reputation for success, which is focused on innovation, growth and future technologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The ideal candidate:
- Has good communication skill
- Has a positive, team oriented attitude
- Shows motivation and enthusiasm to gain expertise in the Microsoft operation field
- Takes responsibility for his/her own work
- Experience with Microsoft Platform products (Windows Server 2012-2016, Active Directory) engineering, build and operation
- Reasonably extensive knowledge and/or related work experience in the Microsoft operation field
- Being familiar with wide scale of Microsoft server products (eg. Windows 2003-2016, Exchange, MSSQL, etc)
- Intermediate level of English language knowledge (spoken and written)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- MCSA/MCSE certification of Microsoft Products is an advantage
- Experience with Microsoft cloud technologies (eg. ADFS or O365, Azure)
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks
- Experience in other major Microsoft technologies (eg. MSSQL Server, Exchange, Skype for Business, etc)
- German and Hungarian language skills
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top