Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade Tech Lead
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
This position is for a In-Place Upgrade Technical Lead with enterprise scale Windows 10 migration experience. The role involves leadership of In-Place Upgrades for USAID. Tech lead ensures end user getting the upgrade to a validated Windows 10 baseline image (overlayed with Office 365) receives the required advanced communication and technical support to facilitate a positive upgrade experience. Work will be performed out of the client's facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington D.C.
- Experience managing the build, maintenance and support base image for workstations including OS, drivers and software packages.
- Experience serving as the escalation point for Managed Workstation issues and/or end user tickets
- Experience monitoring and utilizing the service desk ticketing system to resolve client issues in a timely manner
- Identifying trends in reoccurring tickets and focus on resolving globally. Target automated or scripted fixes.
- Creating and maintaining processes and documents pertaining to the managed workstation environment.
- Assisting Managed Workstation Engineers as time allows for improvements to the workstation base image.
- Recommending and providing tools to support the managed environment for tier two support personnel and software repackaging/sequencing.
- Experience assisting, planning, training, communications and end user support.
- Leading packages through the Software Introduction Process, ensure standard processes are followed and documented, and troubleshoot issues with the packaging process.
- Responsible for timely resolution of assigned incident and change tickets within established SLAs.
- Develop and implement software quality assurance tests to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Analyze, identify, prioritize, and manage software defects, and effectively working with developers in fixing, verifying, validating and closing defects.
- Develop and implement quality control methodologies to ensure that all system applications and products meet organization standards and business requirements/use cases.
- Developing test plans, requirements traceability matrix and test reports.
- Reviewing requirements and developing test cases to validate the requirements.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of experience with Windows migrations in large enterprise
- 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory design/architecture, replication in multi-domains, GPO implementation, STIG settings and Azure AD.
- 8+ years of experience keeping IMAC Sheets updated when adding and removing devices
- 8+ years of experience using Service Now call reporting tool to work service tickets
- 2+ years of experience with Windows 10 configuration and deployment in a large enterprise
- 2+ years of experience with Office 365 on Azure Cloud
- 2+ year of experience with McAfee and BitLocker encrypion.
- 2+ years of experience with Edge, IE11, and Chrome web browsers
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- 3+ years of experience in a managed workstation engineer.
- Strong Active Directory Experience (AD)
- Strong Group Policy (GPO)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top