Windows 10 Image Engineer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM is looking for a Technical SME with enterprise scale Windows 10 migration experience. The task involves developing and testing the Windows 10 image. The task includes analysis of the environment (network, hardware and applications) to assess gaps in USAID readiness.
The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions for a Windows 10 platform to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required. Experience with deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2016 STIG.
Off-shift coverage will be required for support of systems and/or scheduled maintenance and system upgrades. Work will be performed out of the client's facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Position requires 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience with windows migrations and active directory upgrades
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of STIG settings on file and print services, DNS, Domain Controllers and application servers
- Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Window Server 2012, to include 2012 STIG deployment
- Building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments
- Experience with Enterprise Backup software
- Harden Windows operating systems to STIG compliance
- DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Preferred Certifications are as follows:
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top