Web UI Developer
- Bucharest, Romania
Are you interested in working on state-of-the-art software projects, relational and graph databases?
Would you like to collaborate with other experienced professionals and share your skills in the field of software development?
Would you enjoy working in an environment that is on one hand friendly and fun, and on the other hand exposes you to international customers and cultures?
If you find yourself in the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
We are looking for passionate, curious software engineers to work on challenging software development. We're most interested in people who have strong background in Computer Science, are good with algorithms, can demonstrate they're passionate about their work, want to share their success, learn new technologies and develop new skills.
You will enhance and expand products across the product portfolio, ensuring that your work is well designed, maintainable and tested.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications, delivering high-availability and performance
- participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
- write maintainable, testable, efficient code
- understand requirements follow their intent in specifications, design documents and development.
- prepare and produce releases of software components
- support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Come and join our team if you want to thrive in a solid and friendly environment, where interesting, cutting-edge technologies meet the enthusiasm and innovative ideas.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- strong in software design
- good knowledge of relational database concepts and programming
- at least 3 years experience in software engineering
- degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific field
- good English skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Java SE & Java EE
- experience in writing scalable production applications
- knowledge of graph theory
- experience with Eclipse plug-in development
- experience with parser generators, compilers and code analysis
- involvement in open source development (code, bug, documentation contributions)
- knowledge of software development life-cycle and release management tools
- scripting languages, functional languages
- experience with graph or other NOSQL databases
If you don't meet some of these requirements, it's important to show us how curious you are about them, and how eager you are to learn and improve.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio is designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top