Web Application Developer - Java AngularJS
About IBM: IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in significant circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, rarely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Our Culture: IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Business Unit Introduction: The Chief Information Officer organization plays a key role in IBM's ability to turn vision to reality by making the environments simpler, more intuitive and more effective. Its work is all about enabling IBM's strategy by giving IBMers the modern tools they need to do their work, be responsive to its Clients, and to act with speed and agility.
Who you are: As a Java Web Application Developer, you will design, develop and support application solutions with focus on building and testing Java application.
What you'll do:
- As an application developer your role will be design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
- As developer you will be dealing with all the applications IBMers around the world use is now looking for Java developers to join our agile and dynamic software support and development team.
- Responsible for maintenance and improvement of very critical IBM internal applications with focus on building and testing Java application.
- As part of a dedicated, Agile team, the developers will be responsible for: Perform application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis and design.
- Complete activities related to the assigned user stories based on priority.
- Conduct appropriate unit and module testing. Detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support).
- Have a can-do attitude for problem solving, creating solutions thinking out of the box.
- Work effectively in collaboration with other team members - as well as partners and other support functions when required.
- Continued focus on improving the applications.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have knowledge in working with web development tools such as HTML 5, CSS 3, J2EE features (Servlets, EJBs, etc.) and JQuery
- Knowledge of Web Service implementation (RESTful and SOAP)
- Hands on experience in OOAD and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Worked on SQL, XML and JSON
- Knowledge of high-level OOP languages and MVC framework
- Component Development in Action Script
- Should be able to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and sustainable algorithmic design.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Certified Java Developer (Preferred)
- Experience with CVS/ SVN source control system.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top