Watson Health - Training Consultant
The Training Consultant develops, conducts and evaluates training and onboarding programs for new and current Data Managers using established instructional design and course management principles and practices. This person will be responsible for formal in-classroom trainings as well as informal 1:1 knowledge sharing sessions.
The Training Consultant will collaborate with other teams or individuals on development and execution of training/onboarding modules (i.e. SMEs, Instructional Designers, Technical writers, India Business Strategists, etc.) This person will have a key role in helping the team (Knowledge cell) to establish strong onboarding and training programs.
The Training Consultant will embrace Lean efficiencies and standardization to support revenue and margin maximization.
- Develops and maintains course materials, exercises and skill checks based on product releases, evolving business processes, participant feedback, training evaluation and mastery assessment results and continuously re-evaluates needs.
- Designs new training programs from scratch using established instructional design principles and practices.
- Identifies target audiences and their training needs.
- Establishes learning objectives based on actual on-the-job performance.
- Determines appropriate delivery strategies (classroom, web seminar, computer based training, etc.) based on audience and needs.
- Develops exercises that help learners systematically build competence and confidence using our products as wells as assess the level of mastery learners achieve as a result of training.
- Maintains the library of training material as well as recorded trainings for classes. Work with product managers to learn about new product releases and develop training strategies and plans accordingly.
- Collaborates with the India Business Strategy team to optimize utilization of resources and material.
- Continuously strives to find efficiencies and better ways to do things.
- Supports department initiatives and goals.
- Understands organization's climate, culture and organizational limitations.
- Strong interest in leading and influencing others.
- Effectively translates results of technical work into business results for customer.
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement plans based on department objectives.
- Supports Technical Writers by acting as Subject Matter Expert for annual documentation review.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ years of experience managing tasks related to consulting, planning, organizing, scheduling, and/or conducting training.
3+ years experience with different types of media to develop and deliver training, such as audio, video, computer and other print and non-print media to enhance training products and services as appropriate.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2+ years training in instructional design and classroom facilitation
- 2+ years data management experience
- 2+ experience with eLearning tools such as Adobe Captivate, etc.
- 2+ years experience int the healthcare industry
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top