Watson Health - Sr Project Manager
The primary role and responsibility of a Senior Project Manager is to work with the customers, Account Leader, the functional/matrix managers and staff to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, consistent with defined IBM Watson Health Program Management guidelines/processes and client expectations. Also, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Client Leader/Managers to maintain the client relationship and mentor new project managers, as needed. This position reports to the Leader Program Management or as otherwise stated.
- Create and maintain detailed work plan and drives work execution from the detailed work plan
- Obtain required resources by working with matrix managers
- Communicate and review work assignments with team
- Manage project scope - review changes with the Client Director/Manager then resolve and document those changes with the customer
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration and visibility.
- Drive consensus and decision-making with Client Services, Program Management, Technical team and executive management.
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams and ensuring sufficient face-time with key executive stakeholders.
- Manage and proactively escalate project issues and risks
- Track and Manage budget/actual project financials
- Manage all IBM Watson Health project deliverables
- Work with client project manager to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables
- Provide status reporting to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Manage client responsibilities and expectations
- Provide proper project communications to the client, IBM Watson Health management, and stakeholders
- Independently audit/validate that project deliverables, project action items, issues and risk management meet IBM Watson Health and Client expectations.
- Manage project billing numbers and tasks
- Assist other Program/Project Managers as appropriate, ensuring optimum use of available resources
- Assist Client Leader, where appropriate, with maintaining the client relationship.
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives when appropriate.
- Meet departmental guidelines for training and continuous professional development.
- Participate in proposal development and pricing estimates when needed.
- On an as needed basis, support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market.
- Mentor new and less experienced Project Managers.
- Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures.
- Support the Program Management group for project/program reporting to senior leadership.
- Adhere to IBM Watson Program Management and CMMI guidelines, as defined for each project.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to work on site in Frankfort, KY 5 days a week
- PMP or PMI Certification required
- 5+ years of Medicaid experience with either a fiscal agent/vendor or state agency required
- 7+ years of project management experience.
- 5+ years experience implementing information systems within the healthcare field
- 5+ years demonstrated ability to manage project scope, schedule, quality, change management and project financials
- 5+ years' experience using project tracking tools (Microsoft Project, ALM tools (e.g. Jira, CA Rally)
- 5+ years experience managing staff in a matrix or direct reporting relationship
- 5+ years experience with excellent organizational skills demonstrated by managing multiple priorities/projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to lead client and internal team through the project lifecycle process
- Demonstrated clarity and accuracy of written documentation
- Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- CMMI experience
- Process Definition
- Proposal Response Writing
- Project Portfolio Management
- Resource Management Tool
- MMIS Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top