Watson Health - Senior Software Engineer
The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is now looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
This position is a senior technical position responsible for design and implementation of Web-based software solutions. The focus will be twofold: 1) creation of rules based Personalized Messaging functionality that can be used across the company by multiple teams; 2) expansion of Consumer Healthcare web applications and web services utilized by major Employer and Health Plan clients.
We work with the following tools in our Java-based organization, so at least 1 year of experience with each of these is desirable:
- Eclipse IDE
- Selenium and JUnit testing
- Rally user story and defect tracking
- Linux as a target platform; Windows as a development environment
- Oracle 12, Oracle RAC
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 - 10+ years Java/J2EE programming experience
- 5+ years experience developing commercial software applications in a structured environment
- Experience in developing REST and JSON web services
- Experience in developing high volume commercial web applications
- Strong design, documentation, programming, and testing skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum
- Working across organizations to coordinate implementation of solutions
- Produce detailed design, coding, and testing of assigned software modules with limited supervision
- Exceptional communication skills within and across departments
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development and automated testing
- Experience with Healthcare application development
- Understanding of Healthcare terminology and claims processing
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top