Watson Health – Senior Healthcare Project Manager
The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is now looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
The Senior Project Manager has overall responsibility for the day to day management and leadership of assigned programs/projects and is responsible for project management and facilitation of one or more project, mission-critical enterprise-wide initiatives, and/or continuous business improvement items. These projects are primarily software development projects. Expertise in managing large, cross functional software projects is required.
Additional responsibilities include preparing status reports, resource utilization and financial reports, presentations, capacity planning and team performance metrics.
- Managing complex software development projects
- Managing and mitigating project risk
- Responsible for resource capacity planning and financial performance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ten or more years as a Project Leader is required.
- Project Management managing software development projects in the healthcare industry is required.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile and iterative software development is required
- Experience managing multiple large, complex projects is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Nursing, Health Information Technology or related field of study is required .
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification is desirable
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, process improvement, and decision support tools
- Experience managing vendor relationships and vendor resources is required.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top