Watson Health - Senior Data Management Consultant
The Sr. Data Management Consultant will work with State Medicaid clients and account teams on Decision Support System implementations, data quality assessment and healthcare analysis.
As a member of our Data Management team, you will be expected to:
- Work closely with the client manager and account team to identify and understand the clients' healthcare information needs.
- Assure that data management projects are delivered on time, within scope of client use and within budget.
- Develop, maintain and document database design and data enhancement specifications, and present these to the client.
- Design, maintain, execute and document database tests and support user acceptance testing.
- Instruct clients on database structure, data quality, documentation, and software applications.
- Recognize and manage out-of-scope activities so appropriate actions can be taken.
- For each update, execute all DM test cases, document results, obtain supervisor sign-off, and work on resolving failed test cases prior to proceeding with the update.
- Identify root cause of data quality issues, complete complex data investigations and resolve data quality issues during testing.
- Demonstrate understanding of tools, such as ETL or other Data investigation tools.
- Provider mentorship to data management staff on DM processes and tools .
- Manage own projects to meet an on-time delivery.
- Takes responsibility for all client correspondences, technical reports, and specifications with minimal direction from Team Lead
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience in data processing and healthcare claims or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years ETL(Extract, Transformation, Load) tool or Microsoft SQL experience.
- Ability to apply basic healthcare and market (e.g. Medicaid, Employee Benefits) knowledge
- Demonstrates high sense of urgency on day-to-day responsibilities by responding to tasks and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Some quantitative experience or education
- Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimal travel.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
PREFERRED Skills and Experience
- 2-3 Years of State Medicaid experience
- 2-3 Years of DataStage and/or TREX experience
- 1-2 Years of DataProbe experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top