Watson Health - Senior Analytic Consultant
Job Description : The Analytic Consultant works on a team to provide the client with analytic consulting support. The analyst is responsible to independently gather requirements, design reports, and interpret comprehensive analyses. Responsible for sub-task management on mid to large-size projects. Must have the ability to work in a client environment. Prepares formal write-ups detailing the analysis performed while highlighting utilization, trends, and outliers. Works with manager to refine analysis and prepare presentations to that client.
• • Work in a team setting and independently to perform detailed claims, financial and eligibility analysis using IBM tools.
• Provide analytic guidance and leadership to the client. Conduct data analysis using basic skills in statistics and database management. Provide recommendations for next steps based on the analytic results.
• Ensure that deliverables are presented professionally and accurately and meets the needs of the requestor and the end users.
• Research the client's policies, manuals, requirements/contracts and communications; Federal and State regulations and statuses; and coding guidelines related to analytic projects and translate information into data analysis.
• Demonstrate competency, business knowledge and skills that are necessary to be the subject matter expert (SME) of the client's healthcare data.
• Interact with the client in a professional manner and respond quickly to the client's requests. Provide excellent customer service.
• Make recommendations on projects, suggest analytic ideas, and develop and maintain analytic agenda.
• Interact with project team in a professional manner; help foster teamwork to complete designated tasks.
• Provide on-site and/or telephone support (e.g., client inquiries, requests for ad hoc reporting assistance, miscellaneous research, advice on analytic methods) and training to client end users.
• Prepare formal write-ups detailing algorithm parameters, programming and results; and present effective, polished presentations of results to client.
• Support meeting preparation and hosting for meetings with the client.
• Through the use of analytic findings, define problems and recommend appropriate solutions to client, other team members and management taking into account the project budget, sophistication of the user and the intended use of project results.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Professional and Technical Expertise : • Experiencing utilizing data analytics tools to develop algorithms or analytics.
• Knowledge of SAS, SQL, Access or similar data analysis software tools. Skillful in MS Excel.
• Experience with data validations and data sets to draw relevant conclusions and make educated decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understood manner to guide audience through written or verbal communications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills.
• Previous knowledge of healthcare insurance claims from clinical or administrative experience.
• Experience in applying health analytics methods and measures utilizing basic statistical methods.
• Experience transforming raw data into visual interpretations.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise : • Medicaid experience
• 2-4+ years building healthcare data analytics and applying policy/rules to develop analytics.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top