Watson Health - Life Sciences Client Executive
W o r king und e r m i ni m a l supe r vis i on, th i s pos i t i o n , The Watson Health Life Sciences Client Executive (LSCE), is an e nte r p r ise l e v e l, d ir ec t cont r ibu t or sal e s pos i t i on r e spons i ble f or selling a ll Watson Health solu t ions a c ross a named geography in Europe. The LSCE will wo r k dir e c t l y w i th high priority Pharma or other Life Sciences clients to unde r s tand th e ir c u r r e nt business r e quir e ments a round both dep a r t ment a l and e nte r p rise w i de visions includin g , but not l i m i ted to: Drug Discovery, Pharmacovigilance, Truven and Explorys data, Digital Health, Real World Evidence and eClinical solutions. This seller will represent that portfolio through SaaS, Global Financing and Consulting Services. T he LSCE will re p re s e nt Watson Health a nd p r ovide l ea d e rship with i n the acc ount acting as the quarterback, sp e a r h ea d s tr a t e g ic oppo r tun i t i e s, w hi l e g uid i n g a nd wo r ki n g dir e c t l y wi t h Subject Matter Experts and solution sales team colleagues.
As a Watson Health - Life Sciences - Client Executive Sales you will be
- Managing key client relationships in a high-growth, highly strategic market segment for IBM
- Selling cognitive solutions that accelerate and improve decision making throughout the discovery and pharmacovigilance processes
- Selling and advancing the digital health strategy of Life Sciences and Biopharma companies, leveraging the Watson Health platform. You will be defining, scoping and closing deals that help our clients engage with patients, providers and ecosystem partners to improve health.
- Selling eClinical solutions to simplify clinical trials
- Selling Truven and Explorys solutions to use real world evidence to solve industry problems
- Acting as the voice of your customer into IBM's offering management and development processes, ensuring that client satisfaction drives our offering strategies
- Expanding client relationships and identifying new opportunities within a specific region in Europe
Essential Job Duti e s
- Net N e w business d e v e lop me nt with leading Life Sciences clients
- Manage the client relationship from ideation to implementation
- Identify and develop new client relationships
- B ui l d k e y re l a t i onships within t he C - S ui t e a nd d e p a rtme n tal leadership teams
- Me e t or e x cee d a ll a ss i g n e d quotas f or sa l e s, r e la t e d a ppl i ca t i ons a nd c om p on e nts
- P a rticip a te in a nd man a ge c ontr a c t n e g ot i a t i ons
- An a l y z e c usto m e r ' s ne e d s and rec om m e nds so l ut i ons th a t best m ee t custom e r ' s r e quir e ments
- Emph a si z e sc a lable f e a t u r e s such a s fl e x ib i l i t y , c o st, c a p ac i t y , a nd ec ono m y of op e r a t i on
- Able to r e a c h a c onsultat i ve lev e l of s e lling with t he c usto m e r
- Quarterback and collaborate within internal team selling model
- Increase bookings and revenue targets YOY
R e qu ir e d K n o w ledge & Ex p er ience
To p e r f o r m t his j ob su c c e ssful l y , a n ind i vidual must be a ble to p e r f o rm e a c h e ssential du t y satisf a c tori l y . T h e r e quir e ments lis t e d b e low a re r e p re s e ntative of the knowl e dg e , ski l l, and/or a bi l i t y r e qui r e d. Re a sona b le a c c om m od a t i ons m a y be m a de to e n a ble ind i viduals with disabili t i e s to p e r f o r m t he e ssenti a l fun c t i ons.
- P rov e n a bi l i t y within a complex sales cycle, to sell the value of solutions through a consultative approach to the C-Suite
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications.
- Knowledge of the entire clinical research process
- Proven sales experience in Life Sciences or proven Life Sciences industry experience
- Present with confidence, the ability to perform successful contract negotiations
- Establish a firm understanding of healthcare industry trends
- Established experience in identifying and nurturing partnerships at executive level
- Fluent in English and in one of the Nordic languages
Preferred K n o w ledge & Ex p er ience
- Value Based Care and Pop Health experience a plus
- Advanced Degree Masters or PhD related to Life Sciences or Scientific discipline
- Consulting Services experience a plus
- Experience selling or delivering services strongly preferred
Edu c a t ion R e qu ir e m e n ts
- B ac h e lors/Masters d e g re e r e qui r e d
- " T a r g e t A cc ount S e l l i n g " or " S tr a t e g ic Sell i n g " tr a in i ng mandatory
The work location for this position can be in one of the Nordic countries.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top