Watson Health - Lead Project Manager, MO
The primary role and responsibility of a Lead Project Manager is to work with the customers, Account Leader, the functional/matrix managers and staff to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, consistent with defined IBM Watson Health Program Management guidelines/processes and client expectations. Also, the Lead Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Client Leader/Managers to maintain the client relationship and over see other project managers, as needed.
- Create and maintain detailed work plan and drive work execution from the detailed work plan
- Obtain required resources by working with matrix managers
- Communicate and review work assignments with team
- Manage project scope - review changes with the Client Director/Manager then resolve and document those changes with the customer
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration and visibility.
- Drive consensus and decision-making with Client Services, Program Management, Technical team and executive management.
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams and ensuring sufficient face-time with key executive stakeholders.
- Manage and project issues and risks
- Track and Manage budget/actual project financials
- Manage all assigned IBM Watson Health project deliverables
- Work with client project manager to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables
- Provide status reporting to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Manage client responsibilities and expectations
- Provide proper project communications to the client, IBM Watson Health management, and stakeholders
- Independently audit/validate that project deliverables, project action items, issues and risk management meet IBM Watson Health and Client expectations.
- Manage project billing numbers and tasks
- Work with the Client Leader, where appropriate, to maintain client relationships.
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives.
- Meet departmental guidelines for training and continuous professional development.
- Participate in proposal development and pricing estimates.
- On an as needed basis, support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market.
- Over see new and less experienced Project Managers.
- Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures.
- Work as an integral part of the Program Management group for project/program reporting to senior leadership.
- Adhere to IBM Watson Program Management and CMMI guidelines, as defined for each project.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to work on site in Jefferson City, MO 5 days a week
- PMP or PMI Certification required
- 10+ years of project management experience including experience managing staff in a matrix or direct reporting relationship
- 10+ years experience managing multiple priorities/projects including project scope, schedules, quality, change management and project financials
- 5+ years of Medicaid experience with either a fiscal agent/vendor or state agency required
- 5+ years experience implementing information systems within the healthcare field
- 5+ years' experience using project tracking tools (Microsoft Project, ALM tools (e.g. Jira, CA Rally)
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to lead client and internal team through the project lifecycle process
- Demonstrated clarity and accuracy of written documentation
- CMMI experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proposal Response Writing Experience
- Agile and Scrum Knowledge/Experience
- MMIS Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top