Watson Health Imaging - Technical Support Analyst - Hartland, WI
The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is now looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Support Analyst is to support our customers by providing remote administration, installation, training & preventative maintenance for Merge Healthcare products.
- Takes a self-directed role in the support and resolution of technical issues within the installed base.
- Takes inbound calls and makes outbound calls.
- Assess complex problems, collects data, establish facts, and documents detailed and accurate information about issues, troubleshooting steps and resolution into CRM.
- Owns the customer support experience and resolves customer satisfaction issues by designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
- Escalates, owns, and remains focused in driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and teams members, using highly effective communication skills.
- Improves customer satisfaction and company profitability by responding quickly to issues, providing frequent and informed updates and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Provides direct input to help continue building the internal and customer facing knowledge base by documenting root cause & solution details for technical support issues.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities & remote software upgrades to ensure system stability for customers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree from a Technical College/University or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware such as: workstations, servers & storage devices.
- Strong knowledge of workstation & server OS platforms.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and communication protocols.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as: SQL, DB2 & Oracle.
- Strong customer service, documentation & communication skills.
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple work assignments with minimal supervision.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in one of the following areas: Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Medical Informatics.
- 1+ years' experience using/administering medical information systems such as: RIS, PACS, HIS or EMR solutions.
- Understanding of clinical workflow in a medical imaging environment.
- Familiarity with DICOM and/or HL-7 standards.
- Familiarity with basic scripting languages such as: Bash, Korn, VB, Java & Perl.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top