Watson Health - Data Management Consultant
The Data Management Consultant will work with State Medicaid and State Employer clients and account teams on Advantage Suite projects involving database design and construction, data quality assessment and healthcare analysis.
As a member of our Data Management team, you will be expected to:
- Work closely with the client manager and account team to identify and understand the clients' healthcare information needs.
- Assure that data management projects are delivered on time, within scope of client use and within budget.
- Develop, maintain and document database design and data enhancement specifications, and present these to the client.
- Design, maintain, execute and document database tests and support user acceptance testing.
- Instruct clients on database structure, data quality, documentation, and software applications.
- Recognize and manage out-of-scope activities so appropriate actions can be taken.
- For each update, execute all DM test cases, document results, obtain supervisor sign-off, and work on resolving failed test cases prior to proceeding with the update.
- Identify root cause of data quality issues, complete complex data investigations and resolve data quality issues during testing.
- Gain understanding of tools, such as ETL or other Data investigation tools.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2-4 years experience in data processing and healthcare claims or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL or ETL tools
- Ability to apply basic healthcare and market (e.g. Medicaid, Employee Benefits) knowledge
- Demonstrates high sense of urgency on day-to-day responsibilities by responding to tasks and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Some quantitative experience or education
- Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimal travel
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 1-2 Years of State Medicaid or State Employer experience
- 1-2 Years of DataStage and/or TREX experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top