Watson Health - Data Analyst, GA
Watson Health is supported by the proven innovation of IBM, the dynamic intelligence of Watson, and our collective expertise in and commitment to improving the health industry. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life science in every way. Be a part of a growing division that supports Federal, State and Local governments to improve health and human services value, lower costs and have a meaningful impact on people's lives through the power of cognitive insights. The GHHS division:
- Drives quality and cost improvement in agency programs and policies to advance agency goals.
- Finds inefficiencies, improving access and helping to reduce costs, improving the quality of care for beneficiaries.
- Helps public employee plan sponsors improve health, efficiency and outcomes in their member population.
- Supports the delivery of health and human services to enable citizens to meet their maximum potential while protecting the most vulnerable populations.
IBM Watson is a leader in global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. With world-class learning opportunities and mentoring, you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create and grow the career you've always imagined.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company-wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- In the past years Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Assists the data warehouse development team by analyzing data from large datasets that will be brought into the Enterprise Data Warehouse solution. Analysis would include data profiling, data quality and data integrity checks. Validation of data received from source systems has been loaded correctly in to the data warehouse solution.
- Assist the data warehouse development team in performing data profiling of large datasets, identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Support initiatives for data integrity, data quality, data lineage, master data management, metadata management and normalization.
- Translate functional requirements to detailed source to target specifications.
- Assist in developing reports, analysis dashboards, Key Performance Indictors (KPI), metrics and extracts.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Must work on site in Atlanta, GA 5 days a week
- 5+ yrs exp as Data Analyst in DW/ETL/BI projects
- 5+ yrs exp developing complex SQL queries in Oracle or SQL database environments
- Understanding of both dimensional and normalized database structures and how to query data using SQL and other tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including:
- Written documentation of data requirements
- User-friendly translation of technical solutions
- Presenting information one-on-one, in small group settings and to executives
- Experience with the following:
- Addressing and metadata standards
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity, quality, lineage, master data management, metadata management and normalization
- Performing data profiling and following data governance policies of large data sets in an enterprise setting
- Understand the importance of maintaining the physical and technical security and privacy of HIPAA Protected Health Information (PHI)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Work experience with healthcare related data analytics
- Medicaid experience
- Oracle DBMS experience
- Exposure to Business Intelligence platforms (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects)
- Exposure to ETL tools (e.g., Informatica PowerCenter, DataStage)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top