Watson Health Clinical Adoption Specialist - Medical Oncologist
The Clinical Adoption Specialist (CAS) will provide clinical leadership and support in the delivery of Watson Health solutions. He/she will engage with key client stakeholders and clinicians to advocate the use and generate adoption strategies for innovative informatics and technology insights in a healthcare setting. The CAS will ensure excellence in customer relationships by communicating needs from clinicians to technology leads and vice versa to deliver solutions aligned with client's medical and organizational objectives. In addition, the CAS will provide and change management expertise to promote clinical adoption of Watson Health Solutions. He/she will support compliance with accrediting and certifying bodies and federal, state and local agencies. The CAS will collaborate with other members of the Delivery Team as well as the Go-To-Market Teams, Product Offering Leads, and the Chief Health Officer.
This CAS has responsibilities in three overarching areas;
Provide Clinical Expertise:
- Engage client clinicians to create deep understanding of Watson Health Solutions functionality
- Guide delivery teams to ensure clinically relevant approach to client engagements
- Analyze client organization's clinical processes and workflows to show how Watson technology will positively impact patient care
Execute Change Management Strategy in Implementation Projects:
- Understand organizational structure, manage governance and obtain executive and clinical support for the Watson Health Solution Implementation
- Lead change management activities from project initiation to post go live optimization to assure clinical adoption
- Facilitate opportunities of collaborations by brokering trust and understanding among key health/healthcare stakeholders (e.g., academic medical centers, medical associations, non-governmental health agencies, etc.)
Engage External Market and IBM Network
- Engage with key health/healthcare stakeholders (e.g., key opinion leaders, medical assoc., government, policy organizations, etc.) to inform and shape cognitive health marketplace and represent IBM Watson Health point of view.
- Develop publication strategy (especially for top tier healthcare professional journals), including clinical trials/health services research strategy, to demonstrate clinical effectiveness, guide innovation, and support go-to-market efforts;
- Collaborate with corporate citizenship organization to drive and execute on Watson Health mission for underserved, needy, global communities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Medical oncologist with a contemporary background who understands major trends in healthcare, quality, and clinical workflow
- Strong business mindset and strategic/ innovative thinker related to the adoption of technology that improves healthcare workflow and outcomes
- Change agent and adoption champion for implementing health care information technology, organizational or clinical initiatives
- Strong leadership, team building and people skills
- Leader, visionary, consensus builder, innovative, effective, ethical
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Good understanding of computational healthcare solutions and informatics
- Experience developing or studying scientific approaches to solving medical problems using technology
- Good track record of peer reviewed publications and scientific meeting abstracts
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2 years experience in implementation of health care technology solution
- 2 years experience in business consultative role around use of technology and workflow redesign in a healthcare setting
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top