Watson Health – Client Executive – Provider – GA or SC
Location: Ideally, you will reside in the greater Atlanta, GA area, but we are also open to SC.
It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being. Watson Health's AI (artificial intelligence) understands, reasons and learns - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With AI, we can see and analyze more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible.
IBM Watson Health is looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare.
Working under minimal supervision, this position, The Client Executive (CE), is an enterprise level, direct contributor sales position responsible for selling all Watson Health solutions across large Healthcare Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)/Providers throughout a defined geography within the United States. The CE will work directly with named IDNs to understand their current business requirements around both departmental and enterprise wide visions including, but not limited to: AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistance platforms, Enterprise Data Management, Value Based Care, Population Health, Oncology, Genomics, Clinical Trials Matching, Infrastructure and Storage requirements., SaaS, Global Financing and Consulting Services. The CE will represent Watson Health and provide leadership within the account acting as the quarterback, spearhead strategic opportunities, while guiding and working directly with product specific Sales Specialists, Ambulatory Sales Reps, and Subject Matter Experts.
Essential Job Duties
• Net New business development with large IDNs/Providers
• Build key relationships within the C-Suite and departmental leadership teams
• Meet or exceed all assigned quotas for sales, related applications and components
• Participate in and manage contract negotiations
• Analyze customer's needs and recommends solutions that best meet customer's requirements
• Emphasize scalable features such as flexibility, cost, capacity, and economy of operation
• Able to reach a consultative level of selling with the customer
• Quarterback and collaborate within internal team selling model
• Increase bookings and revenue targets YOY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven ability within a complex sales cycle, to sell the value of solutions through a consultative approach to the C-Suite of Hospitals: CEO, CFO, COO, CMO, CIO, CMIO, Chief Quality, Chief Oncologist, Chief Marketing, Chief Radiologist, Chief Cardiologist, Chief of Innovation, etc.
- 7+ years of experience selling solutions to IDNs.
- Consultative selling skills.
- Experience with complex clinical systems sales and long sales cycles.
- Have a rolodex of existing C-Suite within the defined geography.
- Present with confidence, the ability to perform successful contract negotiations.
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of healthcare industry trends.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 15+ years of healthcare IT sales experience specific to the Provider segment.
- Imaging workflow knowledge a plus.
- Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) sales experience a plus.
- Value Based Care and Pop Health experience a plus.
- Oncology experience a plus.
- Consulting Services experience a plus.
- "Target Account Selling" or "Strategic Selling" training mandatory.
- Advanced degree in business and/or healthcare.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top