Watson Health Business Development Representative (Inside Sales)
This position is based in our Cambridge, MA Office.
The mission of IBM Watson Health Mission is to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and cognitive insights. This role is responsible for prospecting net new business opportunities.
Watson Health Business Development Representatives are responsible for discovering, nurturing and qualifying a pipeline of leads and cultivating those leads to scheduled web-based solution demonstrations / meeting or other appropriate call to action. Watson Health BDRs work in tandem with Watson Health Client Executives to perform solution demonstrations / meetings and guide clients to a successful closure.
This position is located at the Watson Health global headquarters in Cambridge, MA and provides a truly unique opportunity to join a recently formed business operating like a start-up within an iconic Fortune 500 company. This is an entry-level position perfect for someone just starting out, or still early in their sales career who is hungry, and ambitious with high energy. No experience, No Problem - our training program is designed for success!
Measures of Success:
- Meet and/or Exceed a targeted pipeline objective of opportunities created, qualified and progressed by the BDR.
- Research and pre-qualify leads by understanding the product requirements for prospective organizations to build your pipeline
- Identify decision-makers and key influencers to speak with
- Call prospects to engage in conversations designed to discover sales opportunities
- Gain commitments to attend a brief web-based product demo/meeting or another call to action
- Work closely and collaboratively with Watson Health Client Executives to ensure opportunities are well developed for a successful hand-off for progression to closure
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual and team goals
- Diligently log all activities in Watson Health CRM
- Highly self-motivated, disciplined and driven
- High energy, enthusiastic and engaging personality, competitive, strong work ethic
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely; in person and on the phone
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, persuasion and negotiating skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies
- Ability to take direction, be coached and mentored
- A strong desire to be in a fast-paced, team-oriented sales environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1-2 year of work experience
- A passion for technology and healthcare
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong web and computer skills: MS Office, Salesforce.com or other CRM tools
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in SaaS Sales
- Two or more years work history in sales, marketing, and/or account management.
- Healthcare Software, Content, and/or Analytic sales experience required.
- Sales lead generation (direct/inside) with healthcare clients (e.g., Providers, Health Plans, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Government Health agencies)
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top