Watson Health - Business Analyst, Federal
Watson Health is looking for a Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst consultant to work in a dynamic team environment across multiple work streams, and to support a variety of federal projects and initiatives within the Watson Health Federal unit. This support can include a combination of strategic health consulting; healthcare programs financial management support; project management functions; IT systems development support and user assistance support; data analysis and analytics; and health policy research.
This individual will work with a variety of experienced professionals in a multi-disciplinary team. He\she must display the ability to support a variety of federal healthcare projects with different types of scope. Projects may employ Agile development techniques and require short deadlines and\or urgent responses to meet the needs of federal clients.
Specifically, the individual will support various client and partner needs; participate in internal and client meetings to summarize project themes and identify action items, present information articulately to the client and teammates while conveying professional understanding of complex and interconnected issues; compose clear and concise portions of major written deliverables and work products with direction from project leaders; work with designated team leaders to build project materials including, but not limited to, meeting support materials, flow charts, user guides, executive summaries, standard operating procedures, and\or reports detailing findings; problem solve, as appropriate; support project management channels; and build competencies in the areas of basic consulting and policy/federal healthcare programs understandings.
Individuals interested in this position must have strong oral and written communication skills and must have proven track records of working effectively in a dynamic team environment. This experience can be through professional experience, course work, or university/college related activities.
- Work as part of a team in support of health care consulting projects spanning a number of domains (analytics, financing, Agile methodology, healthcare policy, training, IT, research, etc.)
- Communicate both verbally and written consistently and effectively across numerous partners
- Work with various types of health care data and systems
- Meet milestone deadlines, completing all tasks timely and accurately
- Take instructions from client and/or project manager and create clear documents/deliverables based on this guidance
- Contribute to the design, development, and update of client deliverables, including decision recommendations, policy briefings, whitepapers, and ad hoc analysis
- Take initiative and identify ways to enhance work products for the benefit of our clients
- Professionally collaborate with partners, clients and stakeholders with a variety of viewpoints and requirements
- Engage in non-client work including proposal activity or internal committees as requested and/or interested
- Seek out professional development opportunities, as relevant and feasible, to advance personal and career goals
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ yrs of experience with healthcare data and analytics
- 2+ yrs of experience specifically with Medicaid/Medicare/Healthcare data and analytics
- 2+ yrs external client facing experience
- Ability to research, analyze, and distill complex information from multiple sources quickly and efficiently to support project success
- Experience in data research and analysis, including identifying useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision-making
- Critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills, as well as attention to detail as it relates to client communication and delivery
- Time management skills for managing multiple individual and team tasks simultaneously, while completing work on time and within budget
- Experience in working effectively in team environments
- Interest in learning new skills in a dynamic environment to support evolving client and health care industry needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of tools (emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top