Watson Health - Analytic Advisor
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Health™ business provides market-leading performance improvement solutions built on data integrity, advanced analytics and domain expertise. For more than 40 years, our insights and solutions have been providing hospitals and clinicians, employers and health plans, state and federal government agencies, and life sciences companies and policymakers, the facts they need to make confident decisions that directly affect the health and well-being of people and organizations in the US and around the world. Watson Health aspires to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and cognitive insights.
In this position, you will work directly with an assigned book of health plan or large employer clients, leading the development and execution of complex analytic projects, resulting in strong, actionable recommendations. Mentors analytic staff on advanced use of Watson Health methodologies, products and tools.
- Works closely with the team to develop and drive analytic strategies for key clients
- Oversees, designs and executes advanced analytic and consulting projects.
- Leads the team in development of consultative recommendations and actionable data-driven results. Presents findings and recommendations to clients.
- Mentors the team and drives quality, development and documentation of analytic results.
- Contribute to evaluation of individual analyst performance and career progress.
- Actively pursues Watson Health goals for revenue achievement and client satisfaction.
- Contributes materially to value add project development to meet a team sales target.
- Actively engages in initiatives to drive employee engagement, growth and productivity.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 + years healthcare, prescription drug, value based care and/or predictive analytics and/or related consulting, using statistical methods and metrics
- 10+ years understanding industry issues and problems, relating them to client needs, and proposing appropriate solutions
- Ability to work on-site 5 days a week in one of these locations - Chicago, IL, Ann Arbor, MI or Cambridge, MA.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 15+ years healthcare, prescription drug, value based care and/or predictive analytics and/or related consulting, using statistical methods and metrics
- 15+ years understanding industry issues and problems, relating them to client needs, and proposing appropriate solutions
- 5+ years experience in implementing or selling health benefits industry solutions
- Master's Degree in mathematics, statistics, informatics, economics or public health
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
ShuDon B.Data Analyst, Project Management, RPA Specialist
As a member of the shared services team, ShuDon works on internal improvement through Robotic Process Automation. She supports her teammates by finding process solutions to make their workflow more efficient through automation.
Back to top