Watson Explorer Developer - Melbourne
Watson Explorer Developer - Melbourne
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge.
We are currently looking for an individual to fill the role of Watson Explorer Developer for our fast growing and highly visible AI and Advanced Analytics Practice.
Within this role you will be developing applications that take advantage of the cognitive search and advanced text analytics capabilities of Watson Explorer and related technologies - such as Watson Knowledge Studio and Watson Discovery Services.
- Able to design, develop, and customize data extraction, ingestion, and annotation, typically using Watson Explorer ("WEX") & Watson Knowledge Studio
- Develop 'crawlers' to ingest data
- Develop annotators to extract custom concepts from unstructured data sources
- Development skills to create or customise converters
- Prototyping skills to help our clients understand the 'art of the possible'
- Ability to deliver highly robust production systems.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Industry experience to understand the business usage.
- At least 2 years of experience implementing Enterprise Search and Content Analytics, text-mining solutions
- Experience in developing solutions with IBM Watson solutions such as Watson Explorer, Watson Content Analytics
- Experience in exposing WEX Rest API for querying specific sections of text
- Expertise in installing and configuring document-training components for WEX (e.g. CAS for rules annotation, WKS for NLP model annotation)
- Expertise in understanding various document types (XML, PDF, etc.) and formatting them for use with the WEX training components
- Engineering or Science background
- Explore and analyze structured, unstructured, internal, external and public content to uncover trends and patterns that improve decision-making
- Machine Learning experience
- Three years or more of professional experience with Natural Language Processing, Text Analytics, Unstructured Content Mining, or related field
- Some Experience with IBM Watson Solutions
- Understanding of statistical natural language processing techniques to mine unstructured data and uncover insights
- Development of unstructured data models, algorithms, and required software to support the unstructured content data model
- Troubleshoot technical issues arising during implementations. Troubleshoot and resolve system issues, debug, tune and optimize for optimal performance
- Worked in an Agile environment, including exposure to Scrum and Kanban
- IBM Watson Explorer knowledge - including Platform support, application configuration, monitoring, application security, archiving, backups
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top