Watson Commerce - Product Marketing Manager
As a Product Marketing Manager on the Watson Commerce team, you will be responsible for the global go-to-market strategy for our Digital Experience offerings, specifically targeting marketing and ecommerce executives. You will be responsible for developing targeted messaging/positioning, value propositions, personas, use cases, thought leadership and marketing and sales enablement programs to enable effective selling into this specific segment. You will work with a number of cross functional teams including product/offering management, sales, business development, performance marketing, events and GEO marketing to drive adoption for our Digital Experience offerings amongst ecommerce and marketing professionals.
The ideal candidate is strategic, highly collaborative and organized and works seamlessly to manage a shifting workload. Candidates should excel at working in a fast-paced work environment with products going through rapid/continual changes. Attention to detail and the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into tangible benefits and value propositions are crucial to the position.
Summary Key Focus Areas:
- Market Position - develop product positioning and messaging that is clear, defensible and differentiates the product in the market
- Market Intelligence - be the expert on the buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on the competition and how to beat them
- Product Launch - plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Demand Generation - develop the buyer's journey, define the offer, and determine the GTM strategy
- Sales Enablement - communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Develop the buyer's journey, define the offer and determine go-to-market strategies, plans and programs
- Drive key product launches within the relevant customer segment and industries
- Acquire deep insight into the local markets with respect to customers, trends and competition
- Leverage key customer insights and data to develop accurate, relevant and impactful messaging, and work with internal teams to ensure its implementation across all channels
- Create customer personas/profiles, and identify and promote key use cases, that will help inform all messaging and marketing activities
- Create go-to-market collateral, sales material and competitive intelligence information to drive demand and enable the sales team; partner closely with cross-functional teams to deliver launch and campaign assets
- Build relevant sales plays, and support the enablement team in global sales training efforts
- Turn customers into key evangelists; manage customer reference pipeline, leveraging the existing customer base to speed the sales cycle
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist for the product through social media amplification, analyst and public relations programs and at corporate and third-party events.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ year's product marketing experience with a technology company
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate/align technical features to customer needs
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiar with agile marketing culture
- Content management background with digital experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top