WAS Administrator-Infrastructure Specialist-Middleware
IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, businesses extract critical insights and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who You are:
- You will have to apply your deep expertise in designing, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support Websphere application servers
- You will be supporting experience in supporting large scale WebSphere infrastructures with multiple middle ware products.
- Proven experience in supporting large scale WebSphere infrastructures with multiple middle ware products.
- Proven experience with WebSphere ND Ability and websevers to install, deploy and administration large WebSphere infrastructures.
- Considerable initiative and judgment relative to problem determination / resolution; Effective communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to interpret documentation and create handbook and maintain technical documents; The ability to implement customer requested changes
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ Years of experience with WebSphere Application Servers and Webservers to install, deploy and administration large WebSphere infrastructures.
- Proven experience in supporting large scale WebSphere infrastructures with multiple Middleware products.
- Considerable initiative and judgment relative to problem determination / resolution.
- Proven experience on UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Manage and drive third parties to the quick resolution of change
- Exposure to infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in WebSphere performance monitoring/tuning and optimization/capacity planning.
- Proven experience in installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting application development platforms in Virtual Windows and Unix (AIX, Solaris, Linux) environments.
- Level 3/4 Support Experience in troubleshooting with at least one of middleware or collaborative development platform.
- Proven experience in scripting for automation of application deployments and other infrastructure components
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top