IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are :
You will be highly motivated pattern developers to help drive the realization of the visions of cognitive cloud technologies
What you'll do:
- Automation - Knowledge and Development experience on Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Salt Stack.
- Automation Development - Any kind of automation development in SDLC to bring effectiveness. Ruby, Python
- Having vRA Blueprints development knowledge would be a value add
- Dev-Ops knowledge - To maintain, understand and develop the lifecycle of patterns. - GIT, Jenkins
- Cloud - Knowledge on OpenStack, VMWare vRealize Automation (vRA)/VMWare vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), AWS etc. will be further helpful.
- Linux shell scripting/ Windows PowerShell scripting
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work closely with Cloud design and build Architects and provide a cloud solution
- Broad and deep technical experience with enterprise virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare vSphere, vRealize, Blueprint, VSAN, NSX)
- Experience with enterprise level Cloud deployments
- Proven expertise with VMWare vCenter, ESXi cloud infrastructure
- vRealize Automation (VRA) 7.x deployment and configuration
- vRealize Automation (VRA) 7.x Blueprint development
- vRealize Orchestrator (VRO) workflow/BPM development
- Create VM templates for building servers in the virtual environment
- Knowledge of NSX and vSAN deployment
- Experience with vROPS - Capacity Management / Right Sizing, etc.
- Experience with capacity management and resource allocation.
- Knowledge of DR solution, Network Design, Unix Shell Scripting
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and provide technical assistance to delivery teams.
- Preferred skills to blend with Programming and scripting and proven understanding of infrastructure deployments and delivery
- Proven experience in consultative customer engagement with either a major professional services organization or within the services division of a major software company.
- Proven track record of working in a strategic advisory capacity to senior IT and business executives.
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple products and services.
- Working experience with Powershell and PowerCLI scripting scripting is required
- Additional experience and knowledge preferable in other cloud management process and procedures that will assist team in migrating on premise systems to the cloud if applicable.
- Specialized knowledge - Preferably VMWare Certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top