Visual Designer (Digital)
About IBM iX
We think bigger than an agency and more creatively than a consultancy with the power to integrate the whole system. We are IBM iX 2014 and 2015 Advertising Age's largest digital agency network in the world, leader in Gartner's 2017 Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies, and rated by IDC as Leader in Digital Strategy in Asia Pacific.
We are renegades and realists who blend strategy, technology and creativity to tackle every client challenge. We imagine the businesses that will shape tomorrow's world and help our clients make them real. We uncover insights from data that others can't see, and deliver progressive ideas through the use of IBM Design Thinking. We ground every strategy with a focus on delivering the ultimate experience - for customers, for employees, for shareholders. Everything we do drives measurable impact at scale. For more information, visit ibm.com/ibmix.
As Visual Designer (Digital) you rapidly turn ideas into beautiful, engaging and intuitively usable front-end designs for omni-channel digital products and services. You are comfortable engaging with client stakeholders, strategists and technology teams to workshop and define future digital experiences. You contribute your ideas and your deep insights of visual design and established design systems such as Apple or Google. You are comfortable in a highly agile and iterative environment, able to sketch to visualize ideas, and follow up with pixel perfect screens. You interface with UX designers and technical delivery teams to shape, estimate, and define the programs that turn ideas into fully designed and functional systems.
This role requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following capabilities:
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, colour and other ingredients to develop creative concepts
- Conceptualize, visualize and design user experiences, working in highly collaborative and agile, workshop driven teams
- Create visual prototypes or screens and provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Extend existing visual systems/brand guidelines across all media and channels
- Develop storyboards and journeys and bring these to life through illustrations
- Translate complex business and consumer data into infographics and intuitive page & interaction designs
- Script & edit video
- Develop and communicate industry-leading creative concepts
- Provide thought leadership around art and experience design
- Knowledge of state of the art and emerging digital design trends, and how new technologies impact these trends
- Own visual design related content and estimation in IBM responses to Requests for Information (RFI), responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), IBM contracts, and IBM Statements of Work.
- Performs quality review of project deliverables. Leads work sessions and deliverable presentations with client team members.
- People Management: Mentors junior consultants, engagement managers and other more junior delivery consultants on the proposal and/or delivery teams as appropriate.
- Competency: Recognized as an expert in their competency and/or specific offerings.
- iX Community: Participates in and/or is responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection and reuse of IBM's intellectual capital. Participates actively in and in some cases leads knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
- Ability to accommodate extensive travel at times (50% - 60% or more)
- Teamplayer, client-facing, results-oriented, strong communicator, can-do attitude and comfortable working in a highly flexible, agile and collaborative environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- At least 3 years' experience designing digital experiences
- At least 3 years experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- At least 3 years experience in Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, InVision or similar
- At least 3 years experience in Powerpoint or Keynote
- At least 3 years experience in professional business communications, including oral presentations, written documents, executive presentations
- Readiness to travel Up to 3 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top