Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are
Today's operating environment demands a stack that's responsive to the innovative enterprise - one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. By 2020, businesses will commit at least 50% of IT spend on cloud. Businesses are prioritizing the secure connection and extension mission-critical apps, and IBM Hybrid Cloud is a leader in providing these solutions. Here's a chance to become a part of the IBM Cloud Design team - a well-established user interface design team designing integrated cloud services for IBM's premier cloud platform, Bluemix, as well as other Fortune 500, on-premise, and enterprise software offerings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Visual Designer to join our team. Designers in this role will create irresistible user interfaces for strategic product and service offerings within our portfolio. He or she will work with and enhance our brand design language to produce iconic user experiences. Our designed outcomes will be used across the world by hundreds of thousands to build, deploy, and manage apps for use by millions of IBM clients. The visual designer will use their experience in designing visual communication, layout, typography, color, etc. to elicit emotional connections and intuitive, intelligent responses from our audience.
Who You Are
The successful candidate will be a hands on expert in visual design, capable of working with User Experience designers, Design Researchers and Developers to ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products. Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design software are a must. You possess....
- Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills
- Communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Strong strategic skills in assessing business and user scenarios, approaches and deliverables
- Deep understanding of objective visual design decisions
- Knowledge of industry standard design tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory, page layout, and iconography
- Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to final code
- Provide visual feedback and guidance to other designers as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Team with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience
- Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users
- Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
- Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to enable front end development to deliver prototypes to engineering
- Collaborate on user experience planning with the team's UX lead
- Consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders
- Participate in user research activities
- Promote a user first approach to the stated problem
- Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends
- Evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking and educate product teams that are new to design research methods in order to help them
- integrate real users into their design lifecycle
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Bachelor's degree and experience in visual, interactive, or UX design
More than 3 years of visual design for SaaS enterprise applications
You possess a portfolio of work that demonstrates skills/ability - website link is perfect.
Demonstrated foundation in industry standard design processes, methods, and tools
Demonstrated innovative vision supported by a disciplined attention to detail
Proficient in HTML and CSS
An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design
An understanding of interface and user experience design best practices for all screen sizes and devices
Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
Familiarity with design and technology trends
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Exposure to Motion Graphics
- Demonstrated experience with Collaboration across Creative Design teams
- Demonstrated Design Thinking experience
About Business Unit
Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative. Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of your software experience. You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions, and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches. The ideal candidate has the demonstrated the ability to...
• Produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
• Create interactive prototypes
• Tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top