IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Visual Designer will be responsible for designing, developing and modifying graphical and media elements that are focused on education content within the standards, guidelines and requirements. In addition, this role will:
- Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders and other team members as appropriate
- Understand and Utilize the tools and technologies being used
- Understand and Apply the branding standards
- Work with the SMEs to understand the requirements
- Work with PM / IM to keep on track with the project plan, timeline and billing
- Work with Learning Experience Designers to understand the storyboards and requirements
- Work with UI Developers to provide wireframes, graphics, audio, video and other UI elements
- Work with Quality Assurance (QA) team to address any issues
- Work with the Test & Publication team to get it hosted in an appropriate hosting environment... as and when appropriate
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience of graphic design and design for web and/or mobile delivery.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Applications or similar graphics applications.
- Strong graphic design and typography skills.
- Deep understanding of branding and implementing style guides to various types of media.
- Advanced knowledge of responsive design.
- Experience with motion design including animation and video and related software.
- Ability to take rough technical information and make it understandable and well presented.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Should have a good understanding of Agile methodology
- Should have a good understanding of Responsive Design principles
- Should have a good understanding of Instructional Application design
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top