As an accounting analyst at IBM you'll be a key player in all aspects of strategic payments planning. You will make significant contributions to high-profile operational initiatives as the business continues to grow globally.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who are we?
The Budapest Indirect Tax Center of Excellence, established in 2008, provides professional Indirect Tax compliance support for IBM companies in more than 50 countries across the Globe.
In the Centre, about 100 dedicated professionals work together to meet the needs of our international IBM clients. We support clients in several European, African, and Asian countries, and we are proud to be a dynamic, multinational team.
Having a strong work ethic and working in a friendly atmosphere are equally important to us, that's why we organize multiple team-building events every year.
Who are you?
- You have a degree in finance/accounting, and an interest in VAT
- You'd like to learn about cutting-edge technologies, such as blockchain and its role in Indirect Tax
- You use Excel confidently
- You speak fluent English
- You enjoy communicating and cooperating across teams
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are keen to get to know new tools that make our way of working smarter and more efficient
What can we offer?
- Work in a responsible position supporting IBM clients all over the world
- A dynamic, multinational team with great atmosphere
- Active involvement in our automation project
- Access to IBM's vast array of learning and training facilities - we love to improve!
- Real career advancement possibilities
- Competitive compensation package
- Good location in the heart of Budapest, near Kálvin Square
- Home office once a week
- Manage the end-to-end VAT return and reconciliation process for given countries
- Prepare and submit Indirect Tax returns
- Make tax payments, initiate and monitor the recovery of Indirect Tax assets
- Prepare reconciliations and trend data
- Provide timely and professional support in case of Internal Audits, Peer Reviews and Tax Authority audits
- Actively focus on identifying areas for improvement to drive process and efficiency improvement
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Fluent English skills
- Applied accounting skills
- Applied skills in using MS Excel spreadsheets
- Good problem solving skills and ability to collaborate across different functions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
VAT knowledge is an advantage
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top