UX/UI Designer Trainee
We are creators. We don't just make great products. We craft experiences that delight our users and shape the future, tackling the biggest business challenge: Tomorrow.
IBM iX is a global business design partner that works at the intersection of progressive strategy, creative vision and transformational technology. We deliver progressive ideas through the use of IBM Design Thinking - not just for design but for solving of business problems. With our colleagues from other IBM units we blend analytics, design and development to create authentic interactions that create meaningful business impact.
Now, we are now looking for UX/UI Designer Trainees to kick-off career and join our team in Helsinki Office and grow as designer professional!
UX/UI Designer Trainee means you will work in cross-functional teams with IBMers across practices and countries to help our clients to succeed by analyzing their business needs and enabling them to implement new innovative strategies and technologies. As example projects, you could be part of the team crafting conversation experience for AI-enabled chatbot-projects or take part in designing and delivering iOS mobile apps to enable enterprise mobility or help design end-user solutions with Blockchain technology.
What we look for is passionate individuals, with the following characteristics:
- You're a T-shaped designer that can specialize in UX or UI design but you're also not afraid of stretching to different ends of design and development phases: doing research, visual design, prototyping and building UIs
- You understand the technical possibilities and limitations of web technologies, mobile platforms and emerging technologies like augmented reality and cognitive computing
- Constant willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Suitable educational background for example in Experience Design, HCI, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Cognitive Science or other relevant field with ongoing studies (expected graduation within a year or so)
What we offer?
- Fixed term part-time contract with weekly working hours that are limited to 30 allowing you to finish your studies. Trainee period is generally 6-12 months, but may be adjusted according to individual schedules.
- After trainee period and finalizing studies, possibility to continue with a regular full-time position where we invite you to join our Consulting by Degrees (CbD) program. Consulting by Degrees is 18-24 months IBM's global graduate leadership and development program designed for graduates who are passionate about building a career in consulting. https://www-935.ibm.com/services/careers/consulting-by-degrees/global/
If interested, please apply now, latest by 31.10.2018! We will fill in the positions, when suitable candidates found. If you did not find the match yet, please check our other open trainee positions. Please also include cover letter and link to your work portfolio in your application.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in relevant field
preferably about 12 months left with your current studies
- Finnish & English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top