Location: Ottawa or Fredericton
Join the development team of IBM® QRadar®, one of the top ranked Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM) platform in the world. As a UX/UI Designer, you will be an integral part of our team and working collaboratively with the managers, developers, other designers in the group, and internal and external stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to address some of our customers' most challenging business problems , and make a difference by creating irresistible solutions. The best candidate will be a dynamic and interpersonal individual, results oriented, deadline driven and highly organized with a superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to create brilliant interfaces and user experience solutions
- Produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wire frames to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
- Participate in stakeholder interviews and translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- Participate in user research and design workshops
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Min 3-5 years experience as a user experience designer
- Strong understanding of UX design and principles
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with HTML, CSS and Java Script
- Broad knowledge of current computer technologies and applications
- Portfolio Submission
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Front End Development (like ReactJs)
- Experience with data visualizations
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top