This position is onsite in NYC, NY.
The IBM CIO is searching for talented User Experience (UX) professionals to join our CIO Design team in providing IBMers with a great User Experience for our internal solutions. We drive excellence in employee solutions by successfully merging business and user goals, creating solutions that deliver intuitive user interfaces that increase adoption and drive business success.
In this role, you will be responsible for all tasks associated with user research and design on both large and small scale solutions. As a practitioner, you will work closely with stakeholders, other talented design professionals, and others in a multidisciplinary team to design web and mobile solutions for the Global IBM user audience.
• You will work with stakeholders and others in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution
• Perform user research and observation of user tasks, integrating these findings with business requirements to transform the user's mental model into the user interface
• Tease out the important characteristics of users, their environments, and work tasks to drive an intuitive experience
• Work with Visual Designers to create delightful and elegant User Experiences
• Develop user profiles, usability requirements, use cases & scenarios to articulate the solution experience
• Design intuitive and simple user interfaces for web and mobile solutions, producing storyboards, mockups and conceptual models
• Prototype designs to represent the User Interface (UI) and user research of the model iteratively integrated into the UI design of the solution
• Leverage experience in prototype tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, and InVision
• Utilize various cognitive techniques to evaluate user interfaces with end users to refine the UI to ensure it complements the users task, environment, profile and needs
• You will display teamwork and persuasive interpersonal communications skills
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Please include a link or attachment to your portfolio.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 1 year experience in user research including developing user requirements, user scenario's, user stories, etc and Usability Requirements
• At least 1 year experience in Interaction design for Web and Mobile interfaces, and User evaluation
• Masters Degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, a related field
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience in designing within Agile Development Methodologies
• 3 years experience in Interaction design for Web and Mobile interfaces, and User evaluation
• Doctorate Degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, a related field
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top