UX Designer (Auckland)
- Are you a UX Designer looking for your next challenge?
- Bring a start-up mentality to a corporate setting
- Permanent position based in Auckland, New Zealand
IBM; the company that put the first man on the moon; the company that created Watson - the first artificial intelligent machine to win Jeopardy; IBM - the makers of laptops. Yes, that was us - but now are so much more.
The new IBM has reinvented education, the new IBM helps guide dogs guide - in fact we are even helping to improve people's lives. If that's not exciting enough we are making fashion digital, we are predicting the weather and we are making cars go faster. IBM employees are defining the cognitive era, and this is just the beginning. What can YOU do with IBM?
Our Interactive Experience (iX) business, is a subset of Global Business Services (GBS). In IBM iX we work at the intersection of strategy, creativity, and technology to help our clients digitally reinvent their businesses. Businesses partner with us to define their strategy, create exceptional experiences, and build your business, by design.
We are on the hunt for a UX Designer to join our Auckland team, to manage our stakeholder transformation.
What I will be doing?
- Augment own designs and coach designers
- Help to lead transformation across the client and establish digital and agile ways of working
- Validating design approach and design practises
- Conduct, synthesise and report on customer research. You will have experience doing 1:1 interviews, testing, surveys, guerrilla testing
- Run design Thinking workshops to align stakeholders, challenge existing ideas, prototype innovative new ideas
- Take concepts from insight driven ideas all the way through to final products and services using a variety of low, medium and high fidelity prototype and design methods (axure, sketch, Adobe suit etc)
• Strong stakeholder relationship
• Ability to develop trust quickly
• Solid verbal and written communication
• Knowledge about Lean and Agile practises
• Coaching team members
• Takes a hands-on approach
What experience do I need?
- 8+ years as a UX Designer
- Used Agile methodologies in a large scaled organisation
- TelCo experience (advantageous)
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top