Your Role and Responsibilities
Designers will articulate and envision the future of IBM's entire portfolio of products, ranging from software, hardware to consulting. This will include the following competencies:
• Visual Designers will use their expertise in typography, layout, and color to elicit the desired emotional response and connections for a project's given personas. Attention to detail at the pixel precision level is a must.
• User Experience Designers will craft intuitive interactions and workflows informed by market and audience research - typically in the form of sketches called 'wireframes'. Industrial designers with strong interaction design skills are welcome to apply.
• Front End Developers will use their expertise in front-end programming to quickly prototype a working model of the assets and ideas generated by Visual, User Experience and Research Designers. A strong background in front-end technology (web and mobile) is a must.
• Design Researchers specialize in discovering, analyzing, and socializing user needs, with a focus on empathic design. Through quantitative research, Design Researchers develop user personas and the user ecosystem to prioritize design work.
Our positions offer an excellent opportunity to develop design skills with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers and business professionals focused on the next generation of software. You will gain real-life experience with a corporate position that will not only impact IBM's bottom line but also influence the future of software.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design or related field.
• Solid understanding of the theories and practices of interaction design and the principles of application design.
• Passion for designing elegant solutions to complex problems.
• A strong foundation in visual, interactive or industrial design tools. Must have the ability to use industry standard design tools at a minimum of an intermediate level or higher.
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong foundation in teamwork, leadership, critical thinking and multi-tasking.
• Strong focus on client success.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• Experience with requirements management tools.
• Previous work/internship experience on software projects is a plus.
• Previous work/internship experience in user interaction or experience design projects is a plus.
• Previous work/internship experience on user research or evaluation projects is a plus.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top