We are seeking full-time designers (across various profiles) to work in the Design Division at IBM.
Portfolio required! Must send .pdf or URL for design portfolio to be considered as a candidate.
Designers will articulate and envision the future of IBM's entire portfolio of products, ranging from software, hardware to consulting. This will include the following competencies:
Visual Designers will use their expertise in typography, layout, and color to elicit the desired emotional response and connections for a project's given personas. Attention to detail at the pixel precision level is a must.
User Experience Designers will craft intuitive interactions and workflows informed by market and audience research - typically in the form of sketches called 'wireframes'. Industrial designers with strong interaction design skills are welcome to apply.
Front End Developers will use their expertise in front-end programming to quickly prototype a working model of the assets and ideas generated by Visual, User Experience and Research Designers. A strong background in front-end technology (web and mobile) is a must.
Design Researchers specialize in discovering, analyzing, and socializing user needs, with a focus on empathic design. Through quantitative research, Design Researchers develop user personas and the user ecosystem to prioritize design work.
Our positions offer an excellent opportunity to develop design skills with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers and business professionals focused on the next generation of software. You will gain real-life experience with a corporate position that will not only impact IBM's bottom line but also influence the future of software.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design or related field.
• Solid understanding of the theories and practices of interaction design and the principles of application design.
• Passion for designing elegant solutions to complex problems.
• A strong foundation in visual, interactive or industrial design tools. Must have the ability to use industry standard design tools at a minimum of an intermediate level or higher.
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong foundation in teamwork, leadership, critical thinking and multi-tasking.
• Strong focus on client success.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with requirements management tools.
- Previous work/internship experience on software projects is a plus.
- Previous work/internship experience in user interaction or experience design projects is a plus.
- Previous work/internship experience on user research or evaluation projects is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top