Are no and why two highly used words in your vocabulary? Do you find yourself wandering from me to we often? If so, then you know that enterprise software doesn't have to be boring. And designing enterprise software doesn't have to be boring either. The IBM Hybrid Cloud Design Organization needs a researcher who deeply cares about creating an experience-first culture today. We don't wait until we have to change. You will join this journey and work alongside many other designers and IBMers to tell the narrative of our company. You understand that the creation and destruction of paper and pixels always centers on one thing - humans. Our purpose is to be essential. Essential to our users. Essential to our colleagues.
Join the first group of dedicated user researchers in IBM! We work within product teams and across entire portfolios to make IBM products better for our users. Our work includes activities like usability assessments, interviews, journey and empathy mapping, design studio sessions, surveys, and data analysis to uncover market and user needs and expectations.
The best thing about working in Hybrid Cloud Design is the people we work with. In joining our User Research team, you'll be in the company of established User Researchers.
Our group is made up of those with years of deep research expertise and brilliant hires using new tools and methodologies. We share our methods and tooling across IBM, and continually teach each other new and best practices.
You're an experienced User Researcher with proven skills uncovering often unarticulated user needs and connecting those to business goals. Your insights will be used across the world by hundreds of thousands to build, deploy, and manage apps used by millions (no pressure!).
You should be passionate about identifying and connecting with our target users and becoming their advocate to influence our products to meet their needs.
You can collaborate effectively with product management, engineering, and remote teams. You can demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity. You're comfortable partnering with some of the leading technologists in the fields of cloud and cognitive computing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated success relating generative and evaluative research insights to core business goals
- At least 7 years experience conducting research throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- At least 7 years experience working with enterprise software (agile/continuous delivery desired)
- At least 7 years experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Will be able to create a dendrogram on an etch-a-sketch with your eyes closed
- Bachelor's degree in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Sociology or related discipline
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 4 years experience with cloud computing and open source technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top