User Experience Designer (UI/UX Designer)
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for creating best-in-class user experiences and helps provide strategic direction for all aspects of the user experience.
Specifically, the UX/UI Designer will design experiences, from journey maps to screen designs (wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, design libraries and patterns, style guide etc.) alongside a team of other high performing design practitioners.
The UI/UX Designer will interface with key stakeholders, including clients, management, and architecture, to iteratively refine and improve designs to create the most appropriate possible user experience.
Additionally, the UI/UX Designer will interface with the development team throughout the development cycle to provide guidance on implementation of the designs and modify designs as requirements change.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in an Agile development environment, demonstrating ability to manage both time and scope to fit tasks into quick development iterations.
Please provide a portfolio as well as a CV when applying for this vacancy. The portfolio can either be as a file or as a link to an online portfolio
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Understanding of how content, design, user interface and technology work together to create an optimal user experience
• Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles
• Strong understanding of information architecture, user experience, and/or content strategy
• Demonstrated ability to do UX/UI work and create solutions based on business strategy and needs
• Ability to complete assigned work on time and on budget
• Background in all types of digital experiences, including mobile, tablet and responsive web design
• Have experience with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Experience, inVision, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Justinmind, Axure, OmniGraffle
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top