At IBM Venezuela, we are looking for a Unix Admin.
What are you going to do?
Execute daily tasks of specialized support in the Unix / Linux platforms of Clients
Timely attention to incidents and execution of exchange controls
Technical support of the first and second level of the client, diagnosis and solution of incidents on the technological infrastructure
Analysis and evaluation of complex cases, participating in the identification of the root cause of problems / incidents.
Management of requests on the services / products of the service portfolio
Execute contingency procedures, alert management and monitoring of the technological infrastructure
In case you are interested in joining one of the most important IBM Venezuela teams, apply now!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Higher Technician or Computer Engineering or Allied
- • Advanced or intermediate knowledge in platform Unix / Linux operating system (Solaris and Linux (RedHat) preferably)
- . Experience in managing high availability and virtualization environments (Cluster - SunCluster, AIX HACMP)
- • Minimum experience two (2) years in technical support and systems administration
- • Knowledge in infrastructure (networks, Veritas, storage systems) and subsystems associated with the operating system (Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat, Java and others)
- - Preferably have training and certifications in Solaris / Linux / AIX operating systems
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Certification in ITIL Foundation V3 or higher
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top