Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that literally make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of this team you are responsible for creating new microservices to expand our capabilities to meet the ever-changing landscape of cloud technologies that our customers use across all the major clouds as well as on-premise. The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on daily basis over Github, WebEx, and Slack.
- You will write GoLang code to interact with the cloud technologies
- Build scalable MongoDB pipelines to aggregate and analyze data and provide our customers valuable insights
- Operate in a NoOps world where development takes responsibility to build and operate their own services in the cloud
- Write Angular components to deliver a premier user experience that delights our customers
- Dive into new Container and Cloud technologies and resolve how we best integrate with them
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 8+ years of total experience in development and 2+ years with Angular 2.0+, Bootstrap or Material-UI
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (6 years)
- Demonstrated experience with developing UI's for microservices
- Validated experience with QA methodologies, understanding of SDLC process
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world
- Experience with Kubernetes an added advantage
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top