TSS AP Channel Sales Leader
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a sales role and requires the individual to grow both IBM Logo and non-logo business through the business partner ecosystem in Asia Pacific.It includes development and driving of sales actions, managing the BP programs (promotions, campaigns, enablement and education activities), development of sales strategies for specific opportunities, holding cadences with assigned partners and with digital and direct sellers on identified opportunities and sales target attainment. Additional responsibilities include Partner Firm Executive relationship development and acceptance and usage of IBM offerings by the Partner Firm Account Executives.
This individual needs to provide strong guidance, leadership and support for TSS sales activities and be a team player collaborating not just in TSS but with the broader IBM community of the Partner Ecosystem (IPE) and cross brands (Systems, Software, Cloud, GTS).
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible to drive and achieve TSS AP revenue targets for BP Channel
- Execute Brand or Channel Sales Plays, Incentives, Programs and Promotions
- Develop channel capacity plans by geographic territory
- Manage process, sales execution and performance for channels
- Perform gap to plan analysis and actions that will build transaction roadmap for partner territory
- Drive diagnosis feedback on Brand or Channel Plays
- Develop strategies and initiatives from a TSS BP Channel perspective; interlocked with GEO TSS Sales Leader, WW TSS Channels organization and IPE organisation
- Give business direction to and manage a team of TSS Market BP Channel Sales Leaders
- Execute Yield/Win Plans for Partner Territory
- Optimize territories & align resources - deploy Channel Segmentation
- Design and execute Partner Sales Coverage Model
- Assess growth & productivity performance
- Identify and validate front line view of future opportunity by Partner
- Monitor trends in the market and initiate the development of additional Channel ready TSS offerings
- Collaborate with TSS, IPE and S&D
- Establish good relationship with VADs to drive conversions. Ensure clear understanding of their fulfilment process to leverage relationships and to accelerate month/quarter end closures.
- Drive revenue growth with value partners and expand with focussed partners into new markets and/ or offerings to drive growth
- Run enablement sessions with BPs or drive BPs to take remote learning to equip sellers of BPs with the knowledge and skills to market TSS offerings
- Manage BP Channel Satisfaction, ensure Client Transaction Satisfaction
- Deal with ambiguity
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Negotiation skills
- Client focused mindset.
- Drive to achieve with strong focus on execution
- Ability to take ownership and implement transformational changes aligned with IBM strategy
- Ability to think horizontally and influence the environment business thinking collaboratively.
- Strong team player adept at managing virtual teams across countries
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Solid track record in influencing multiple stakeholders and leading complex programs or businesses.
- Experience of international business environment would be an advantage
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top