Treasury Business Analyst
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Objective of the job:
The person in this role will provide subject matter expert level guidance and technical support regarding basic data components, data connections and standard calculations within the IBM Treasury business area to support BI Developers with the development and maintenance of IBM Treasury analytics solutions. The successful candidate will interpret and analyze customer requirements, provide input to the breakdown of requirements to tasks and advise on the business logic to the BI Developers who will convert the requirements to IT solution. The person in this role will also be responsible for user testing and providing control total numbers for test cases.
- Have a general understanding of relevant data fields from the source data that build the Treasury business processes;
- Interpreting business requirements and defining acceptance criteria to BI Developers;
- Contributing to the requirements breakdown and workload sizing of business requirements to BI Developers;
- Able to advise on how calculations are generated for business process measurements and KPIs;
- Participating in diverse Agile ceremonies (e.g. iteration planning, daily standups, showcases, retros) to discuss status of project activities, actions, tasks and blockers;
- Advise on test cases and test solutions against control total numbers from relevant source data;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good knowledge of IBM Treasury, IBM Finance, Ledger and Accounting data sources
- Experience IBM Treasury business processes;
- Experience with business analytics (SQL, relational DB, working with cubes is a plus);
- Finance and/or accounting education background /knowledge;
- Experience with Agile;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal English;
- Teaming and collaboration;
- Flexibility/adaptability to work with tight deadlines
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top